Tag Archives: c-3 claim form

I Filed A Report And Notified My Supervisor. What Else Do I Need To Do?

Today’s post comes from guest author Matthew Funk from Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano.

QUESTION: I filed an accident report at work and notified my supervisor. Do I have to do anything else?

ANSWER: YES! The C-3 claim must still be filed with the Workers’ Compensation Board by the injured worker.

Right before going on a cruise with his lovely wife for their 25th wedding anniversary, Joe got a pretty bad gash on his arm while fixing a pipe at work. The ER fixed him up quickly and when Joe got back to the office, he filed an accident report and then notified his supervisor, Mike in writing. Mike stuck his head out of the office and told Joe he would take care of the rest and to “get the hell out of here and enjoy that cruise!” Thinking he had covered all his bases to receive Workers’ Compensation, Joe gathered up his work gear and headed out to sail the next day to the Caribbean. Stop, Joe! Stop!!

When a worker is injured HE or SHE must file a C-3 Claim with the Workers’ Compensation Board.

It is the worker’s obligation to file this claim, NOT Continue reading