Many people are confronted with death or disability whether as a result of an accident or otherwise. We do our best to help those who were wronged by another or hurt on the job to receive compensation for their injuries. But compensation cannot cure the underlying problem, only help to make life more bearable. True healing is as much a mental as a physical process.
The following tips for healing have been adapted from the writings of Dr. Bernie Siegal, the author of many books including Love, Medicine, and Miracles; Peace, Love, and Healing; and 365 Prescriptions for the Soul. We hope you find these tips helpful in your healing process.
- Accept your illness: you know the illness is there, but you also know the future will be something you can handle so it’s no longer a burden.
- See the illness as a source of growth: our primitive nervous system tells us that if we have a loss you grow something to replace what was lost.
- View your illness as a positive redirection in your life: your whole life changes when you say that something is just a redirection. You are then at peace.
- Understand death or recurrence is not a failure if steps 1,2 or 3 are accomplished, but a further choice or step: when you accept the inevitability of death (which comes to all of us ) you begin to realize that the time you really have is right now.
- Learn self-love and peace of mind and the body responds: when you believe you are a worthwhile person, and you tell yourself that you are here to give something to the world, your immune system responds positively. Continue reading